Younger Scholars Forum in Comparative Law
XXth International Congress 2018
International Academy of Comparative Law
July 25, 2018
We invite younger scholars to participate in the first-ever Younger Scholars Forum in Comparative Law, to be held in Fukuoka, Japan on Wednesday, July 25, 2018, from 9:00am to 12:00pm as part of the larger quadrennial Congress of Comparative Law organized by the International Academy of Comparative Law.
Abstracts are invited for eight (8) Workshops and one (1) TED-style Speakers’ Corner. All nine sessions will be held concurrently from 9:00am to 12:00pm on the day of the Forum. More details follow below on the subject-matter of each Workshop and on the format of the Speakers’ Corner.
Abstracts may be submitted in either English or French, the two official languages of the International Academy of Comparative Law.
- The Separation of Powers and its Challenges in Comparative Perspectives
- Populism and Comparative Approaches to Democratic Theory
- Comparative Public and Private Law Responses to Religious Diversity
- Defences to Liability: Philosophy and Doctrine
- Technology and Innovation: Challenges for Traditional Legal Boundaries
- Migration and Asylum: Comparative Approaches and the Need for Harmonizing Regimes
- Misuses of Power in Both Private and Public Law: Dual Perspectives on Corruption
- Methodological Approaches to Comparative Constitutional Law: Evolutions and Revolutions
Deadline for submitting abstracts is September 15, 2017.